Keep America Beautiful is accepting applications for the 2015-2016 National Youth Advisory Council through MAY 15, 2015. This is a unique opportunity for ten (10) high school students (15-18 years old) from diverse backgrounds across the nation to participate in a service-learning and leadership development program. Participants will contribute to and inform KAB on programs while acting as ambassadors and leaders for youth service in their communities. YAC members will produce materials to distribute to the KAB affiliate network and participate in the KAB National Conference (pending funding). Members will serve as ambassadors and represent KAB within their community and state.
The National Youth Advisory Council creates a framework for youth engagement. KAB is seeking to infuse the youth voice into our programs and build on the model of youth leadership seen in our local and state affiliates. ALL applicants will have an opportunity to serve on the YAC network to support and create local and state-level youth councils. Thanks to the generous support of the Wrigley Co. Foundation, the National Youth Advisory Council will provide youth with the opportunity to:
• Engage in creative work with a nonprofit organization focused on litter prevention, beautification and community greening and waste reduction and recycling
• Partner with like-minded youth with unique perspectives from across the country • Inform KAB on programs while learning about approaches for engaging youth in community service
• Act as a service-learning ambassador in their community and state by playing a leadership role in engaging youth in service and service-learning
Youth interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
• Be between 15-18 years old by June 1
• Be enrolled in public or private high school (in grades 10, 11 or 12) in September 2015
• Be a USA resident and citizen
• Be able to commit to a term from July 2015 – June 2016 including a minimum of 1 hour per month
• Be available to travel on an expense-paid, youth leadership training as part of the KAB 2016 National Conference in Orlando, Florida January 29/30-February 3/4, 2016 (pending funding)
• Be available for an in-person or conference call training July 28-31
• Be available via phone and internet for monthly webinar meetings with fellow Council members
• Be able to provide feedback and participate in program evaluations
To learn more about Keep America Beautiful visit www.kab.org. Applications accepted through May 31. If you need assistance please contact Cecile Carson at email@example.com or 203.659.3030 or text to 940.230.6035.
WE RECOMMEND that you download the application to plan your answers and learn more about 2013-2014 members at this site http://www.kab.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sponsors_YouthAdvisoryCouncil
Once application is started it has required fields and cannot be saved to continue. PLEASE plan to be able to complete all of the application at one time. NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS COMPLETING THE ON-LINE APPLICATION, PLEASE CONTACT CECILE TO GET INSTRUCTION ON SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION VIA EMAIL.
Criteria for selection will include, but not be limited to, geographic location, writing ability, leadership skills demonstrated, ability to commit time to serve on council, and focus area distribution.